The Story of
The VAT of Belonging and Believing
This is a collaborative piece of work between Early Years classroom teachers, Early Years RE specialists, RE Curriculum advisers and digital experts.
The VAT of Belonging and Believing seeks to:
- increase awareness, knowledge and understanding of how religion and worldviews can be explored effectively at an age-appropriate level for Early Years pupils through a blended learning approach
- build teachers’ confidence in the worldviews approach by providing examples of how this can be implemented practically in the classroom
- ensure that smaller and lesser-known religions and worldviews are included in the curriculum and explored by pupils
- create more knowledgeable and creative teachers through engagement with the approach advocated by this project
- improve the relevance of Religious Education for pupils by encouraging exploration of religion and worldviews through the lenses of ‘real’ individuals within a community.
This project has been made possible by funding from Culham St Gabriel’s.
To access the first draft of the VAT of Belonging and Believing, please click the link below